The BEA Impact
Our BEA volunteers continue to motivate, inspire, and encourage the youth in our community. This school year, over 120 volunteers helped out in our events reaching over 1,700 students. As we head into the last few months of the school year, there are still opportunities for you to participate in. Please consider joining us in any of the following events and sharing this list with others who might be interested.
3/27 (12:30 - 2:30)
Career Panel at Venture Academy
- Need 3-4 volunteers in the performing arts, entertainment, sports, or music industry
Share what it takes to succeed in your career and industry. Contact me before March 22nd if you would like to present. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3/27 (1:30 - 2:30)
Career Day at Huerta Elementary School
- Two tracks will be presented
1. Technical/Trade School Track
2. Professional Careers Track
- They need two presenters for each track
- Presentations will be 15-20 minutes plus 5 minutes for Q&A
- Approximately 90 students in each track
- Grades 6-8th
If you are interested in participating in this event or have questions, please contact Dawn Marie at email@example.com by March 20th.
4/3 (10:30 - 12:30)
Elementary Career Day at Venture Academy
- Seeking 15-20 vendors from all industries
- Students from first through sixth grade (ages 5-11)
- Tables and chairs provided for indoor event
- Vendors should have a demonstration or interactive display
- Help encourage student to consider careers in your field
Contact me by 3/26 to sign up. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4/10 (8:30 AM - 10:00 AM)
Mock Interviews at Weber Institute
- Need eight (8) volunteers to help with 90 students grades 11-12
Sign up here by April 5th.
4/16 (7:25 AM - 10:30 AM)
Career Presentation at Stagg High School
- Need two (2) presenters to share about their careers
- Presenters will speak to three different class periods
- Alumni are encouraged to present
Contact me by April 5th at email@example.com if you would like to sign up.
4/19 (10:30 AM - 1:00 PM)
Career Fair at King Elementary
- Help inspire future generations
- Booths with tables and chairs provided
If you are interested in participating in this event, please contact Brittany Heinsaar at BHeinsaar@stocktonusd.net by March 29th.
We are also enlisting work sites to provide both paid and non-paid internships for high school students through our Students WIN (Workforce Internship Network) program. This is your chance to play an active role in the development of our future workforce by providing an environment for training while teaching students important job skills and soft skills. Learn more about the Students WIN Program on our website or contact me for details.
Direct: (209) 292-8436
Connecting today's businesses with tomorrow's workforce.